FlatRate Moving Onsite
Managing inventory anywhere it might be
The FlatRate Moving Onsite app is an iPad application used by onsite salespeople who visit customers at their homes to take inventory for their upcoming move, provide service details, and even a real-time price that the customer can sign for on the spot. It's as simple as walking around to see what items and furniture a customer has, and a few quick taps to add it all - turning an hour appointment into a 15 minute visit. The app has had a tremendous positive impact on FlatRate Moving's sales since its implementation 2 years ago.
With an offline mode, salespeople are able to work in locations that have no internet coverage, communicating with the main software only when they need to. Regardless of internet connectivity, onsite salespeople can edit nearly every aspect of a customer's information, inventory, scheduling, and more. Everything is saved to the main database, which interacts directly with the Move Center software system we developed. So long as they have a connection at any point, the customer can book their move, sign, and pay right then and there.
Possibly most impressive is that FlatRate Moving's Onsite app is being used all over the country by salespeople at their national branches. As it's being used in the field and across the country, we're also always making improvements to maximize efficiency and create a better experience for users and their customers. With the newest version, onsite salespeople can now take pictures of a customer's inventory, which then ties those pictures directly to their customer file. They can even choose to use this feature to have the movers arrange their furniture at the new location exactly as it was in the previous.
Our approach to this and other mobile app projects
- Discovery: We start by working with you to discover what kind of app you want to create and the requirements for the project.
- Planning: Next, we plan the project and schedule each phase so we can determine the development guidelines and give you clear, accurate estimates.
- Creating a Demo: Then we create a demo of the app to simulate the functionalities and features you want while the designs are created.
- Design & Development: By referencing the demo, we use our mobile development tools to create and design the application.
- Testing & Feedback: With an alpha version of your mobile app ready, we perform QA testing while gathering your feedback for revisions.
- Project Finalization: After we handle all feedback, you new mobile app is ready for use, while additions and updates are always available.
Learn more about our approach.
Have an idea for a new app? We'd love to make your project a reality.