FlatRate Moving's Move Center
Processing hundreds of moves every day
Move Center is a lightweight software solution that handles hundreds of moves and customer files a day. Everything is done in this platform - from the first phone conversation, to customer information, inventory, addresses, and pricing information, to booking, planning, and dispatch of the move. Staff from virtually every department of FlatRate Moving use Move Center to perform sales, service, and planning related. Each file is passed from one department to the next based on its status and other factors indicating the progress made toward the final move date.
The Move Center software platform was integrated with several different tools that FlatRate Moving uses to book moves with customers. The integration with their phone system opens a new file for operators to use whenever a new call is received. Another was with Google Maps, bringing the latest in mapping and GPS technology to FlatRate Moving. But the most important of the integrations for Move Center was with the website's lead generating forms and account information. Because of this, quote requests are funneled directly into the software and sorted, while customers can make their own files and even book their move online.
Move Center was built atop a legacy software system that was highly outdated and no longer met the needs of their staff and operations. One of those needs was a change log - which keeps everyone accountable for their work. Salespeople can also check any and all information about upcoming moves and their own stats in one, easy to use place. Other useful features include a repricing ability, which allows salespeople to make changes to a file to see how it would affect the price, without the customer having to commit to them.
Our approach to this and other custom software projects
- Discovery: We start by working with you to discover all of your software needs, workflows, and business requirements.
- Planning: Next, we plan the project from start to finish, which helps us define the scope of the project and provide you with clear, accurate estimates.
- Creating a Demo: Then we create a demo to simulate the functionalities and features for your new software.
- Design & Development: Using the demo as a foundation, we begin programming while taking user experience and user interface into account.
- Testing & Feedback: With a primary version of your software, we perform QA testing while gathering your feedback for revisions.
- Project Finalization: After we handle all feedback, your software is ready; though changes and new features can always be added.
Learn more about our approach.
Would you like to know more about our custom software solutions?