A modern website to reach a global audience
WISE (Women's Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality) was established in 2006 as a faith-based global network and grassroots social justice movement at a historic gathering in New York City. 200 leading Muslim women scholars, activists, artists, religious and civil society leaders – representing more than 25 countries – joined together to develop a holistic and comprehensive vision for improving the position of Muslim women around the globe.
WISE approached Lumina to redesign their website in a way that would be more digestible to users as well as appeal to the younger generation of modern day women. It was vital that the website appeal to users globally, but still function in a very simple, clear way as many of WISE's audience is located in third world countries.
To accomplish this, we converted their hard-to-navigate, content-heavy website into a clean, simplistic site with stunning design aspects. In addition, we did a full analysis of the website’s sitemap and content, completely revamping the previously uncommon sitemap into one that was easy to use, despite having various types of information. We also consulted WISE in the process of creation and consolidation of content which would better suit the new, slimmed down and modern design.
As with any fast paced organization, it was vital that WISE would have the ability to update their content frequently, without the need of a web developer. Therefore, we developed custom Visual Composer components which allows WISE to update existing content and build as many new pages as needed with ease, like building blocks. This allows great flexibility with content as well as the overall look of any page, without having to stick within a rigid or hard-to-work-with layout. Lastly, we also provided the WISE staff with a one-on-one personalized training to ensure they were empowered to carry on the site on their own.
Our approach to website design and development projects
- Discovery: We start by working with you to discover everything your website will require to the finest detail.
- Planning: Next, we plan the project from start to finish, which helps us provide clear and accurate estimates.
- Creating a Demo: Then we create a demo for you, refining it until it simulates every feature you want for your site.
- Design & Development: Using the demo as a foundation, the features are all developed within the website design.
- Testing & Feedback: Once the first version of your website is ready for review, we send it your way for feedback.
- Project Finalization: After we handle all feedback, your website is done, with many options for additions or changes.
Learn more about our approach.
Interested in Lumina's website design and development services?